Sunday, November 25, 2012

Retired?

I "retired" in Nov 2007. After 20 years in the military. Unfortunately, I have/had two kids in college, so I couldn't just "retire". Now I'm not saying that I don't enjoy work, but this last week I had off I really got a feeling of what it would be like to really retire. Might have been the excitement of the holidays and the decorating I did, but I wish it could last forever.

Its weeks like this that make me think of opening my own business, but I can never think of what I want to do. There is cooking. I seem to be getting good at that. The wife says I should apply for Master Chef, but I KNOW I'm not that good.

I could do the real engineer thing, but that is really something that would take more time effort and money than I have now. I would love to open a Christmas Store (go figure) complete with a Christmas tree lot. I think that would be fantastic.

Well, I have another 13 years before I can even think about "retiring" for good.

1 comment:

  1. I can smell retirement. I defintely will be gone in 2013. Just don't have the exact date but before spring ends........ I am soooooo ready! I, too, realized this when I had a few days off.

    ReplyDelete