Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Tradition

I guess I like the holidays because of tradition. All my favorite traditions happened around the holidays. I remember my mom getting up very early on Thanksgiving to cook the turkey and it would take hours. Now it doesn't seem to take the same amount of time as it did then, but I attribute that to better ovens.

At Christmas, we always went to the neighbors for a party, usually on Christmas eve. Which is why I love our night before the night before Christmas parties we started three years ago.

We have some traditions that we started after the wife and I got married. Some we cheat on, sometimes the tree and decorations for Christmas happen before Thanksgiving.

My Excuse Obviously when the kids were smaller we had additional traditions about when we went to see what Santa brought.

We started a new tradition tonight, not sure if we'll keep it or not. Its the pizza on Thanksgiving eve tradition. Ordered from Pizza Hut, promised in half hour came in hour and 10 minutes.

Its tough to keep traditions going if you only just start them, but I'll think about this more while I'm waiting for Santa.

I still believe.


No comments:

Post a Comment