Saturday, April 14, 2012

I'm Guilty

I'm guilty.

I pride myself on researching things I don't know about to ensure I at least have 65% of the facts before I go making pronouncements. But with all the junk that is on the internet, people tend to take at face value what's put out.

I call it junk, because its not information, because information implies some thought process has been exercised. Its not data because that implies some truth. And since you can get junk within seconds of things happening in the world, people will take the easy way out and believe the headlines.

As I say, I'm guilty of this myself. I have over 1000 stories a day show up in my RSS feed. But at least I try to do some independent research to find the truth.

1 comment:

  1. That makes you different than most of the sheeple, but then I already knew you are that kind of guy. :-)

    ReplyDelete