Monday, February 6, 2012

It's Winter Dang it

I love winter.

No you don't understand, I LOVE winter. Here in South Texas, you don't get as much winter as I would like. Luckily this week we are getting what passes for winter here in San Antonio. So today I wanted me some winter i.e. I wanted a fire in my fireplace. To have a fire you need three things; fire, air and wood. I have fire, thanks to multiple lighters bought for this specific purpose. I have air, heck we all have air. The only thing left is wood.

What we have no wood? No problem, several stores sell bundles of wood for folks like me to enjoy a roaring repast in the comfort of their homes. I'll just stop by my favorite store (HEB) and purchase some wood. But first the wife needed food, so off to feed the queen. Since we went to her favorite brunch place, I figured we could stop by Lowes to pick some up.

Enter Lowes, ask where the firewood is and get directed to Duraflame (r) logs. Not what I had in mind, being male I wasn't about to ask someone, but the wife will and apparently Lowes was sold out.

Hey, we saw some wood at HEB on the way in, lets just go there. Back to HEB and see no bundles where they were when we arrived. Check the rest of the outside and find none. Good thing they now have Peanut Butter multi grain Cheerios (r), so it wasn't a total loss.

Check Walmart. Nope. So now I can't have my winter. Well I still have some chopped down trees in the backyard to use, but its mostly kindling size and two logs left from last winter. So I go my winter.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like all the convenient stop and gonstores have wood. Love your rambling posts.

    ReplyDelete