Monday, February 20, 2012

Sometimes I amaze even me

When I was younger, I got started with model trains.  I read just about everything there was to know about model trains at the time and had a "nice" setup. 

I actually got to a point where I wired my own switches so I didn't have to rely on the stock controllers for my switches. (Probably what drove me to be an electrical engineer). I remember it was rather complicated at the time.

Fast forward SEVERAL years, I debated using remote controls on my switches, it didn't seem sporting, but I broke down anyway because my throttle won't reach clear across the table and I don't want to manually switch again. But I had forgotten all I remember about those switches I wired and I'm using the stock controllers. But I did come up with a couple of interesting ways to make sure they're wired and setup correctly. 

1 comment:

  1. What is with engineers and trains? When my brother went off to college he took his trains with him. Being younger and knowing he was in college as an engineer I thought he was learning how to be a conductor/engineer of a train. What a disappointment......

    ReplyDelete